Why your business needs a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan
We live in a world that is globally connected and vulnerable to natural and man-made disasters. Over the past 20 +years, the world has experienced an increase in cyber-security issues & threats, an increase in the number of natural disasters, and the emergence of terrorism. All of these factors can and have had a negative impact on businesses around the world and will continue to be a threat to many businesses survival in the future. So with all these threats, why do so many small-to-medium size businesses have no disaster recovery and business continuity plan in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
The answer lies simply in the fact that many of these businesses have felt that a disaster recovery and business continuity plan is just not a priority and when and if something happens, they will deal with it then. The problem with this line of thinking is that if something did happen, the business may not have enough time to recover and may not be able to survive.
Why you need a disaster recovery and business continuity plan?
1. It is just good for business to be prepared for the unexpected. With a plan in place, your business will be able to react quickly and ensure that any interruption in your business will be minimized.
2. It will give your employees and customers piece of mind that the business operations will be able to operate at normal or near normal levels. Having a disaster recovery and business continuity plan is your businesses insurance policy in the event of a disaster.
3. A disaster recovery and business continuity plan can also be used as a marketing tool to attract new customers and ensure you retain your existing customers.
4. For start-ups and businesses that are in the early stages of their evolution, having a detailed disaster recovery and business continuity plan, can be an attractive benefit to market to investors. Investors want to ensure that their investments are safeguarded against external factors that may not be in the control of the business.
5. It is the right thing to do. As a responsible corporate citizen, businesses have a responsibility to protect their employees, customers, investors and themselves against disaster.
One World Consulting Group can assist your company in developing a disaster recovery and business continuity plan that can used in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. Our Director of Consulting Services has the expertise, training and experience in developing a plan that can meet your specific business and industry needs.
Contact me at 425-766-9778 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and lets discuss your disaster and business continuity needs. Please visit our website at One World Consulting Group- https://www.oneworldconsultinggroup.com.
Thank you for reading my post.